Monday, January 09, 2012

Working on my first sermon

Up early again this morning and after dealing with some important mail I drove into Salisbury (via the Park and Ride) to spend the day at Sarum College studying and drafting my sermon for Sunday's Parish Eucharist. Sara came into Salisbury shortly after me to visit the dentist to have a new crown fitted.  After the dentist Sara came up to the library in Sarum College and we went off together for a coffee at the Cathedral Refectory.  Sara didn't look too good at all.  Her mouth was sore and she still looks drained from yesterday's bout of illness.  I returned to Sarum College and spent another five hours in the library researching and writing my sermon for Sunday.  This evening was spent filling in training assessment forms for Church House.  A bit like filling in appraisal forms for my previous employer.  It really has been a day of paper, paper, books and paper.  This will be a short blog tonight as my eyes are really sore and I can't wait to go to bed - to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment