Sunday, January 01, 2012

A GBH Fest on New Year's Day

Despite only 3 hours sleep last night, I was awake at 6 a.m. and made tea for Sara and me.  Sara was still sleeping when I woke her up with her tea - as for the children, they were both definitely well in the "land of nod".   The family were due to act as sidespersons at All Saints church this morning but in the end only I arrived to undertake this duty which I shared with Sophie.  Only 29 in church today so it wasn't too onerous a job.  Cynthia led the service today.  Another quiet day at home.  Sara cooked pork chops for dinner and we watched several episodes of GBH which had first been screened in the 1990s and which Sara had never seen - despite it starring tow of her favourite actors - Michael Palin and Robert Lindsay.  Richard, Klynn and I met in the lion's Head for a few beers tonight and a good old chat - we really enjoy our Sunday evening jaunts down to the pub - a nice way to start a new week.  Back home, Sara and I watched another couple of episodes of GBH (it becomes compulsive viewing once you start) over some cheese and biscuits before going to bed at 1.30 a.m.  Once this long holiday period is over we must both get into a routine of getting to bed early and rising early.  I have quite a lot of paperwork to deal with over the next few days - my Titanic talk, my portfolio and my service preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment