Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lazy Sunday after Church

I felt really tired today after such a long and cerebral day yesterday.  I organized toast and orange juice for breakfast for myself and Dave who had stayed overnight.  We left Sara and the kids and went to Pitton to attend the Team Eucharist service.  The church was absolutely packed this morning and Dave and I had to squeeze ourselves in the second from the front row of pews in front of the pulpit with Roger and Mary, the retired clergyman and his wife.  An excellent service with Elizabeth giving a wonderful sermon about creativity.  Dave was very much taken with Elizabeth.  I showed Dave Farley Church on the way back to Winterslow - an interesting Wren-style church in the middle of the Wiltshire countryside.  Dave didn't stay for lunch - which today was boiled gammon with roast vegetables, and I really felt like a vegetable myself afterwards.  I spent the afternoon watching football and snoozing.  I declined a trip down to the Lion's Head with Richard tonight preferring to stay at home in front of a warm wood fire followed by an early night.  I have another busy week ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment