Friday, January 06, 2012

Back home from Sussex

Woke up early in Hove this morning - 7 am.  Still very dark outside despite the street lighting.  After making myself a cup of tea I went back to bed and didn't wake again until 8.30 a.m.!  I had a coffee and banana on toast for breakfast.  Peter and I chatted for about an hour and I left when his granddaughter came over with her father Barry.  A good journey back along the coast road to Chichester and then along the A27/M27 back to Winterslow.  Sara was just about to leave for her lunchtime job at the Lord Nelson when I arrived back. I dealt with some mail and Complex accounts, wrote a thank-you letter to my hosts in St. Leonards before setting about the final preparation for the Morning Worship service I am leading on Sunday.  I needed to write up my introduction, the Collect and other parts of the service which are not included on the general service sheet. Having done that, Sara helped me reduce the resultant sheet into A5 for insertion in my leader's folder.  Sara and I ended the day by watching the last two concluding episodes of GBH.  Off to The Ricoh Arena in Coventry tomorrow to watch Saints take on Coventry City in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup.  No Ricky Lambert as he is suspended following the disastrous game at Brighton.

No comments:

Post a Comment